Volunteer with Us
The Doctors Hospital of Manteca Auxiliary
The Doctors Hospital of Manteca Auxiliary is a group of men and women who provide direct service to patients. The goal of the program is both to help patients and staff and to provide each volunteer with a job that is stimulating and satisfying.
Volunteers are also an integral part of the hospital’s Community Outreach Team. On this team, volunteers and employees work together at health fairs, immunization clinics and other Doctors Hospital of Manteca-sponsored community events. Proceeds from the Auxiliary Gift Shop are used to sponsor a scholarship program.
Additionally, Auxiliary volunteers are on call in case of a local disaster.
The Auxiliary is coordinated through an elected slate of officers: President, vice-president, secretary and treasurer. Additional chairpersons are assigned for special events and activities, including the Scholarship Committee, Gift Shop and Membership Committee. The Auxiliary holds monthly meetings.
Become a Junior Volunteer
Doctors Hospital of Manteca offers a Junior Volunteer program for high school students between the ages of 14 and 19. Volunteer hours are between 4 and 8 p.m. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting at the Hospitality Desk, distributing clean linens and helping to deliver meal trays. The program also includes special meetings, award programs and other recognition events.
The Junior Volunteer Program is currently paused due to Covid-19. Please check back for updates.
Responsibilities of our Volunteers
Members of the Doctors Hospital of Manteca Auxiliary volunteer a minimum of 100 in-hospital hours per year. Responsibilities are designed to take advantage of each volunteer’s special skills and talents. Among typical duties are:
- Patient Floor Service – Volunteers visit patients; deliver mail, newspapers and flowers; and distribute food trays.
- Hospitality Desk – Volunteers greet patients and visitors at the Hospitality Desk located in the Main Lobby. They also answer phones, give directions and provide additional services as needed.
- Gift Shop – Volunteers manage the Gift Shop, which carries a selection of cards, novelty balloons and gifts.
- Outpatient Services – Volunteers assist in Outpatient Surgery, making beds, folding linens, assembling instruction packets and helping patients to their cars following surgery.
- Floater – Floating volunteers distribute documents throughout the hospital, guide patients and visitors to their destinations and offer general assistance as needed.
For more information on the Doctors Hospital of Manteca Auxiliary program, call (209) 823-3111, ext. 8612 or complete this form.