Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Who says fries can’t be healthy? Take a vitamin-rich sweet potato, bake with interesting seasonings, and you’ll have everyone asking for more. Maybe best of all – no messy oil to clean up. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch long and 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lay sweet potatoes on large baking sheet. Pour olive oil on top of the sweet potatoes. Toss with a spoon or your hands to coat the vegetables evenly.
3. Sprinkle with spices and toss again.
4. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until browned and tender.
Nutrition Facts per 1/2 cup serving: Calories 116; Fat 7 gm; Total Carbs 13 gm; Sugars 3 gm; Fiber 3 gm; Protein 1 gm; Sodium 176 mg
Sign Up for Health Tips
Get our advice and upcoming events about weight, pain, heart and more.