Eight Types of Bacterial Infections and Their Symptoms
Infection can take many forms. Commonly known infections are viral, like the flu or COVID-19, fungal, like ringworm or athlete’s foot, or bacterial, which include skin infections and food poisoning. Because infections can become serious, it’s important to know the signs and seek treatment. Below, we focus on eight types of bacterial infections and their symptoms that can indicate when to call a doctor or get immediate medical attention.
Urinary Tract Infection
Seven Ways to Prevent Bacterial Infections
- Take vaccinations for preventable infections, such as tetanus.
- Keep skin moist so that it doesn’t crack and bleed.
- Wash hands frequently and bathe regularly to keep harmful bacteria off of skin.
- Clean wounds and change bandages regularly to remain clean. Apply antibiotic ointment with clean hands.
- Cook food thoroughly to avoid food poisoning.
- Keep personal items personal such as toothbrushes. Avoid using utensils and glassware used by others as well.
- Practice safe sex to avoid sexually transmitted infections.
Medical News Today