Doctors Hospital of Manteca Seeking Auxiliary VolunteersSep 10, 2019
Are you looking to make a difference in people’s lives? Volunteering at Doctors Hospital of Manteca can be a great way to have a profound impact on people in your community.
The Doctors Hospital of Manteca Auxiliary is a group of men and women who provide direct service to patients. Volunteers are a vital part of the hospital, providing a great resource for patients, families, visitors and employees.
“Our volunteers provide thousands of hours of compassionate service every year to help enrich the experience of patients, their families and our hospital staff,” said Traci Holzer, Chief Human Resources Officer at Doctors Hospital of Manteca. “We are so appreciative of their year-round commitment and dedication.”
“There is always room for more dedicated volunteers at Doctors Hospital of Manteca,” said Johnette Ragsdale, Auxiliary President. “Volunteering with us is a fantastic way to learn about health professions and to be part of something special.”
Members of the Auxiliary volunteer a minimum of 100 hours per year. Responsibilities are assigned based on each volunteer’s special skills and talents. They serve in many areas of the hospital including:
- Patient Floor Service – Volunteers visit patients, deliver mail and flowers, and distribute food trays.
- Hospitality Desk – Volunteers greet patients and visitors at the Hospitality Desk located in the Main Lobby. They also answer phones, give directions and provide additional services as needed.
- Gift Shop – Volunteers manage the Gift Shop, which carries a selection of cards, novelty balloons and gifts.
- Outpatient Services – Volunteers assist patients to their cars following surgery.
- Floater – Floating volunteers distribute documents throughout the hospital, guide patients and visitors to their destinations and offer general assistance as needed.
Proceeds from the gift shop are used to sponsor a scholarship program. This year, the Auxiliary awarded $15,000 in scholarships to nine local students. The scholarships are awarded to college students who are pursuing careers in healthcare and students earning their master’s degree in a medical field. Applications are reviewed and chosen based on grade point averages, volunteer history, community involvement, leadership experience and financial need. The Auxiliary has been providing scholarships since the opening of the facility in 1962.
If you would like to join the exceptional group of volunteers at Doctors Hospital of Manteca, please call (209) 823-3111 ext. 8612.