Doctors Hospital of Manteca Utilizing Latest Technology in Robotic SurgeryJan 7, 2019
Manteca, Calif. – Doctors Hospital of Manteca is proud to announce the recent acquisition of the da Vinci Xi Surgical System.
The da Vinci Xi System was designed with the goal of further advancing the technology used in minimally invasive surgery. The system can be used across a spectrum of minimally invasive surgical procedures and has been optimized for multi-quadrant surgeries in the areas of gynecology, oncology, urology, bariatrics and general surgery.
“Robotically-assisted surgery is the wave of the future and da Vinci continues to be on the leading edge,” said Brandon May, Chief Executive Officer of Doctors Hospital of Manteca. “Compared to open surgeries, minimally invasive care can provide the patient with the added benefits of faster recovery, fewer complications and minimal scarring. We are proud to bring this amazing technology to our community and surrounding areas.”
The new system offers three dimensional high definition visualization and allows for enhanced dexterity and greater precision and control for the surgeon. The surgeon is 100-percent in control of the robotic-assisted da Vinci System, which translates their hand movements into smaller, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient’s body.
Key features include:
- A new overhead instrument arm architecture designed to facilitate anatomical access from virtually any position.
- A new endoscope digital architecture that creates a simpler, more compact design with improved vision definition and clarity.
- An ability to attach the endoscope to any arm, providing flexibility for visualizing the surgical site.
- Smaller, thinner arms with newly designed joints that offer a greater range of motion than ever before.
- Longer instrument shafts designed to give surgeons greater operative reach.
Patient benefits include reduced trauma to the body, reduced blood loss and need for transfusions, less post-operative pain and discomfort, faster recovery, less risk of infection and less scarring.
“We have made it our mission to provide our patients with advanced surgical options, allowing them to get back to their everyday lives as quickly as possible,” May added. “That is why we are offering da Vinci procedures here at Doctors Hospital of Manteca.”
The da Vinci Xi System is an expandable technology platform that is designed to accommodate and seamlessly integrate a range of current technologies, as well as future innovations, in areas such as imaging, advanced instruments and anatomical access.