NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders)
Improving patient outcomes
Doctors Hospital of Manteca meets the unique challenge of caring for our elderly by maintaining our NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) designation. NICHE is the leading nurse driven program designed to help hospitals improve the care of older adults. At Doctors Hospital of Manteca our hospital staff is more knowledgeable and qualified in the care of older adult patients and as a result we achieve higher staff, patient, and family satisfaction.
What the NICHE Program means
Our participation in the NICHE program means our Elder Care Program includes:
- Protocols in place for our specialty units
- Medication dosages and prescriptions appropriate for our elderly patients
- Processes implemented for transitional care
- A safe, comfortable and functional environment in our facility
- Evaluations performed annually on all NICHE requirements
Read more about NICHE
and the commitment required for our designation.