Scheduling & Visitor Restrictions
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) has issued a state mandated public health order regarding visitation within all hospitals in California.
Effective Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2021, all visitors must show proof of full vaccination or provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of entering our facility. Visitors may use either PCR testing or antigen testing as proof.
Examples of acceptable documentation include a valid and complete CDC vaccination card or electronic copy or a valid and complete vaccination record from the state registry.
Visitors of end-of-life patients are exempt from the vaccination and testing requirements. In addition, the following visitors have a limited exemption from the vaccination or testing requirements:
- Parent or guardian visitors of pediatric patients
- Support persons for a labor and delivery patient
- Support persons for a patient with physical, intellectual, developmental disability, or cognitive impairment are considered visitors who are visiting a patient in critical condition
As soon as reasonably possible, these visitors must comply with the vaccine verification or applicable testing requirements within 72 hours. They must still comply with other infection control and prevention requirements that apply to indoor visits.
Masks are still required for all visitors.
This state order is keeping with our commitment to providing a safe environment for our patients, visitors, employees and the people of the communities we serve.
Thank you for entrusting us with your healthcare needs. We wish you all the best on your path to continued health.
Current Visitor Policy
Doctors Hospital of Manteca is committed to taking the necessary and critical steps to ensure patients, visitors and staff in our hospital are safe and remain healthy. It is important that we balance the need for our patients and families to stay connected while keeping everyone safe.
Each patient at our hospital is allowed one visitor at any given time. However, visitors are not allowed for COVID-19 patients or those with pending test results. In addition, everyone coming into our facilities will be screened for illness and must wear a medical grade mask covering their nose and mouth.
All visitors to DHM must:
- Be screened at either the main lobby or the Emergency Department entrance
- Be asymptomatic of COVID-19 symptoms and sign the COVID-19 Symptom Attestation
- Not had contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- Not be a suspected or recently confirmed COVID-19 case
- Not be currently ordered to quarantine
- Check in and out with security and obtain a visitor’s badge
- Wear a hospital-issued mask at all times while in our facility
- Limit movement around the hospital to the patient’s room and public restrooms and avoid congregation in waiting rooms or lobbies
- Help us keep our visitation limitations to a minimum by respecting these requirements
Any visitor not meeting screening criteria or the state mandate requirements will not be permitted to enter the hospital.
Exceptions to our visitor policy may be granted on a case-by-case basis with approval from Administration.
Doctors Hospital of Manteca is committed to keeping our patients, staff and community safe. We appreciate your support and understanding during this time.