Back pain is a common medical problem that affects 8 out of 10 people in the United States. We understand the burden of chronic and severe back pain at Doctors Hospital of Manteca. We offer various noninvasive and surgical back pain treatment options
to help with spine-related back pain symptoms.
Advanced Orthopedic Care for Back Problems in Manteca
Whether you're suffering from a back injury, living with normal wear and tear on your back or dealing with a long-term spine condition, we’re here to help. Our orthopedic care team at Doctors Hospital of Manteca works closely with patients during
treatment and recovery.
We use nonsurgical options as a primary option to help patients get back to their daily activities. However, our orthopedic spine program can perform surgical treatment and other advanced procedures when nonsurgical
treatments do not provide complete pain relief, such as severe spinal conditions.
We offer professional and compassionate care when developing a comprehensive care plan to suit your unique needs and condition. Our goal is to help
people with chronic back pain lead a more independent and healthy life.
Please call 855-283-3668 or fill out this referral request form to learn more about our orthopedic doctors in Manteca.
What Is Chronic Back Pain?
Back pain may feel like a dull, constant ache to sudden, sharp pain. The types of back pain are:
- Acute back pain - happens suddenly and usually lasts a few days to a few weeks
- Subacute back pain - can come on suddenly or over time and lasts four to 12 weeks
- Chronic back pain - may come on quickly or slowly and lasts longer than 12 weeks
The intensity of back pain varies from person to person. It can begin from local pain in a specific spot, generalized pain that spreads all over the back or pain that radiates away from the back to the other parts of the body, such as the buttocks, legs
Back pain may include any one or a combination of the following symptoms:
- Increasing pain with lifting and bending
- Worsening pain when resting, sitting or standing
- Back pain that comes and goes
- Stiffness in the morning as soon as you wake up and lessened back pain with activity
- Pain that radiates away from the back into the buttocks, leg or hip
Why Does My Back Hurt So Bad?
Anyone can have back pain at some point during their lives. For some, back pain can linger for weeks, months and even years. A pulled muscle is a common cause of back pain. Medical conditions like a slipped disc, sciatica or ankylosing spondylitis can
also cause back pain.
These factors can put you at a higher risk for developing back pain:
- Weak back and stomach muscles that cannot adequately support the spine
- Job-related risk factors, such as heavy lifting, pulling or twisting. People working behind a desk have a high risk of developing back pain, especially if they have poor posture or sit all day in an uncomfortable chair
- Back pain becomes more common after the age of 45
Living with back pain can keep you up at night. Follow our top five sleeping positions for back pain to help you get a good night's rest.
How Do I Know If My Back Pain Is Serious?
If your back pain is severe and doesn't improve after a few weeks or if you experience any of the following symptoms, seek medical attention right away:
- Numbness and/or tingling
- Severe back pain that does not improve with medication
- Back pain after a fall or injury
- Back pain along with trouble urinating; weakness, pain or numbness in your legs; fever or unintended weight loss
Although most cases of back pain are acute or last a few weeks, others may linger or develop into a more severe condition. Don't ignore these five back pain emergencies;
seek immediate care.
Why Choose Doctors Hospital of Manteca for Your Back Pain Relief?
You don't have to live with back pain. Help is on the way at Doctors Hospital of Manteca.
If you're looking for advanced and personalized orthopedic treatment for back pain, we're here to help get you back to a more active lifestyle.
At Doctors Hospital of Manteca, we believe that there are many options for treating back pain and that each person experiences back pain differently.
We'll work with you to help give you the best course of treatment and recovery, focusing
on exploring all nonsurgical options first. Our treatment modalities include pain management and physical therapy, over-the-counter or prescription medications, injectable medications and exercises that help strengthen the back muscles.
conventional treatment options don't work, our dedicated orthopedic surgeons can perform a comprehensive range of surgical back and spine procedures, including minimally invasive surgery that may result in shorter hospital stays and quicker recovery.
Doctors Hospital of Manteca offers:
- A comprehensive range of treatment options for acute or chronic pain in the back or neck
- Techniques and procedures to help remove your pain from injury or chronic degenerative diseases, including herniated disks, spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis, disk disease and more
- Back and spine care delivered by a multidisciplinary team of specialists and support personnel
Insurances Accepted and Payment Plan Options
Begin your journey to a more active lifestyle with us at Doctors Hospital of Manteca. We provide all the information you need upfront, including financial obligations, to help you make important healthcare decisions.
If you have been
putting off surgery because you're worried about the cost, we can work with various insurance providers and offer flexible payment plans for most treatments and procedures. For questions about
your coverage, please contact your insurance provider directly. To learn more about our extended payment plans and how we make health care more affordable, please call 833-850-5053 or watch this short video.
For questions about billing, payment plans, pricing information and estimates, please visit our patient financial resources page for more details.
Find a Back Pain Doctor in Manteca
When rest and conventional treatments don't work, or if you have back pain following an injury, seek medical attention immediately. Our experienced back pain doctors and dedicated staff are ready to provide you with
a proper diagnosis and advice on the best treatment options available for your condition.
We're here for you always with quality care, compassionate service and some of the latest technology and procedures. Please call 855-283-3668
or find an orthopedic doctor
here near your location. Please don't delay